We want your event to be the very best it can be and these terms and conditions have been written to ensure your event is fun and safe for all.
When you book with Barracudas Events there’s a contract formed between us. These conditions and the other information exchanged between us form that contract, but no amount of words are as effective as a good, open and honest relationship – that’s what we want with you. Your expectations should be very high, and we’ll always aim to exceed them.
- Your invoice confirms what we think you wanted to book
- Please check it, paying particular attention to the equipment hired, and the date and time of hire
- Responsibility for all booking details lies with the person who made the initial booking, hereinafter referred to as the ‘hirer’
- Tell us within 7 days if we haven’t confirmed what you expected. We’ll change it if we can, or refund you in full if we can’t
- Once we have confirmed availability for your event, we will send you an invoice requesting payment of 40% of the booking value which, when received by us, will secure your booking
- The remaining 60% is due no later than 7 days before your hire date. Payments can either be made by BACS or cheque
- For bookings made within 7 days of the hire date, we will require full cash payment on the day of the booking
- If your cheque is presented at the bank and returned unpaid, we will automatically charge £15 to your account each time this happens to cover our bank charges
- Cancellations should be made via phone or email at your earliest opportunity.
- If you cancel your booking more than 4 weeks prior to the hire date, we will refund your monies in full
- If you cancel your booking between 7-28 days before your hire date, we will retain the 40% deposit payment or transfer to another available date.
- If you cancel your booking with less than 7 days before your hire date, no refund is due, unless your reason for cancellation is due to weather, as per below
- For equipment that can only be used outside and is therefore weather dependent, we will allow you to cancel up to 24 hours before the event if the local forecast for the location of your event suggests the weather will significantly affect the use of the equipment. Should such an occasion occur we will endeavour to change the date of your event or failing that offer a full refund
- Should you choose to go ahead with your event and the weather results in you being unable to utilise the equipment fully, no refund will be due
- In the event that we are unable to set up the equipment when we arrive due to the location not being suitable or the area not large enough, we will retain your full payment and no refund will be due
Health & Safety
- We will send you the full Activity Codes of Practice for your chosen equipment with your booking confirmation and a further copy will also be available on the day of hire
- Responsibility for ensuring all of the codes are followed lies with the hirer
- Once set up by the Barracudas Events staff, the equipment must remain secured in its original place
- All prices include the equipment stated on the website and the Activity Codes of Practice for your requested activity
- For powered equipment we will require use of a normal house hold socket free of charge. All electrical equipment used by Barracudas Events has a current PAT test certificate.
- In the event that there is no electricity supply, we can provide you with a generator for an additional charge. This must be arranged in advance
- The hirer must make sure the equipment is ready to be collected in the same condition as it was in when delivered
- Food, drinks, party poppers and such like must not be permitted anywhere near the equipment
- If when we arrive to collect the equipment we find it in an unreasonable condition, an additional charge of up to £50 will be applied to cover the cost of cleaning
- The equipment must also be returned dry, unless absolutely unavoidable as a result of sudden rain for example
- You can order the inflatable for a maximum of 4 hours between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00, including set up and removal. The inflatable may be available for additional hours on your hire date free of charge, however, this will be up to the discretion of Barracudas Events Staff. Evening and overnight hires can be accommodated for an additional fee.
- The hirer will be responsible for all costs arising from damage to the equipment whether that be through misuse or as a result of the Activity Codes of Practice not being followed
- The hirer will be fully responsible for the equipment whilst on site and must ensure that the equipment is delivered, set up and collected by a Barracudas Events team member supplying the relevant identification
- The hirer will be liable for full replacement costs in the event of the equipment being stolen
- The hirer takes full responsibility for checking the size dimensions of the equipment on the website and that the equipment will fit within the space booked (minimum 1.5m (4ft 11) perimeter and 1.5m height clearance) with suitable space for access and egress
- If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of your chosen location, you must discuss this with the team as soon as possible
- The hirer must also ensure that the space on which the equipment will be cited and the surrounding area are completely clear before delivery. This requires both the ground/floor to be checked and also ceiling heights, any low hanging trees or cables
- Please refer to the cancellations section
- Barracudas Events does not accept any liability for personal injury or the death of any person unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its servants, in this event our liability insurance provides cover of up to £5 million
- Barracudas Events are committed to providing you with high quality equipment. In the unlikely event of a problem occurring during your ‘event’ please call 07717 588197 immediately and we will try our very best to resolve it for you
- If we hear of a problem after the event, we will take great care to look into the matter but cannot change the situation after the event
- You can write to our Customer Services Team at our office and we assure you that your complaint will be investigated and you will receive a written response within 20 days
- Barracudas Events acts as a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998
- To process your booking we need to collect personal details about you and these will be held securely within our office.
- Additionally, we would like to hold and use some of your details for future marketing purposes, for example, sending you promotional information
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you do not want to receive future mailings from Barracudas Events
Barracudas Events is a Limited Liability Partnership (Reg no: OC375740).
Registered address: Bridge House, 23 Bridge Street, St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 5EH.